- Agencies and organizations submitting a request must serve a reasonable purpose and are required to provide their own banner, which must meet specifications designated by the Department of Public Works and the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT).
- Requests should be submitted at least two months prior to the date when the banner needs to be hung in order for the City to process the request through the MDOT.
- The City reserves the right at any time to limit to one week the length of time a banner can be hung.
- The City will not accept any responsibility for damage done to banners.
- Under MDOT guidelines: A banner shall not have displayed thereon any legend or symbol which may be construed to advertise, promote the sale of, or publicize any merchandise or commodity, or to be political in nature.
- The legend may contain the name of the sponsor paying for the banner if such is not an obvious advertising of and promotion of the sale of the sponsor's goods or services. Letter of the sponsor's name or a logo can be a maximum of 3" if on a single line or 2" if more than one line. The sponsor's address or directions to locations of the sponsor are not acceptable.