Ideas & Suggestions
We Welcome Your Ideas
The Cadillac West Corridor Improvement Board is very interested in hearing from local business leaders and others on suggestions for the future of the Resort District. Ideas should be forwarded to:
Community Development Director
City of Cadillac
200 N Lake St
Cadillac, MI 49601
Feel free to contact any of the board members as well.
To create a safe well-branded walkable and bikeable tourism village which celebrates its four-season natural assets that becomes a destination location for vacationers and serves the year-round resident population.
- Create the corridor district as a unique, four-season, tourism village which becomes a much sought-after destination location.
- Develop a traffic management plan along with the Michigan Department of Transportation for state highways M-115 and Mi-55.
- Develop a sidewalk and bicycle trail system which is safe, and which takes advantage of the area’s natural assets. Where feasible locate these systems away from M-115 and M-55 roadways.
- Make and implement plans for safe and effective crossings of M-115 and M-55.
- Redevelopment should be focused on building upon the corridor’s unique water and nearby natural assets.
- Prepare a branding plan for the district. Such plan should include: district name, logo, building material theme, district character, lighting, and gateway treatments.
- Promote housing options for the district which are in alignment with the districts vision statement and its branding plan.
- Develop one-of-kind tourist housing options.
- Adopt zoning regulations which are in support of this plan’s vision and goals.
- Encourage commercial development which supports both tourists and year-round residents alike.
- Create retail niche around food services (cider, brew, jerky, etc.), crafts, branded gifts, and live/work/create spaces. Consider special or distinctive niches that can be implemented consistent with the changing seasons.
- Encourage retail, restaurants, and hotels to consider developing packages both within the district and outside attractions such as Caberfae Peaks, Coyote Crossing, Lakewood on the Green, and Hoxeyville Music Concerts which will achieve co-promotion of the businesses.
- Develop strong connection with downtown Cadillac (include non-traditional modes of travel including cards, electric bikes, and bikes etc.).
- Develop and implement plans for the accommodation of snowmobilers.
- Encourage and facilitate redevelopment for properties which are becoming functionally obsolete.
Draft West Corridor Guidelines:
The guidelines intent is to outline the unification of landscape and architecture for the West-side of Cadillac. The West-side corridor is a beloved and unique aspect to the city of Cadillac, nestled between Lake Cadillac and Lake Mitchell the West-side offers beautiful views, adventure, outdoor activities and community. This natural landscape merges with local and national commerce as the corridor joins northern and southern Michigan. Managing this commerce while offering natural design and landscaping aesthetics will benefit commerce and the environment for tourists, residents, and wildlife.